Career Opportunity: Graphic Designer 1, Federated Co-operatives Limited
Who we are:
As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. Our work is guided by our values of integrity, excellence and responsibility and driven by our vision of building sustainable communities together. To learn more about who we are, visit www.fcl.crs.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for creative work which meets our marketing objectives. Responsible for creating high quality designs that adhere to our brand standards, support business objectives, and are appropriate for the medium of delivery. The scope of work includes designing for internal
business units and special projects for FCL and Co-op Retails.
- Produce original, impactful, high-quality designs that adhere to Co-op’s brand standards and support the company and client’s objectives.
- Effectively collaborate with team members, production artists and copywriters to produce original work.
- Produce high-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Support multi channel marketing campaigns and promotions for print and digital applications.
- Edit and colour correct photography as required for use in creative concepts.
- Stay current and up to date with new and emerging graphic design technologies and techniques. Other duties as assigned.
Why it matters:
We help local Co-ops grow and thrive by offering a range of professional services, including marketing, market research, information technology, human resources, accounting, risk management and business development.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Strategy & Communications and:
- You have a:
- Diploma in Graphic Design with 1- 3 years of graphic design experience
- Or you have a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design with 0-1 years of experience in graphic design.
- You’re familiar with:
- Applied design fundamentals and current digital technologies.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite package.
- Limited use of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in photography, illustration, UX design required.
- Experience in packaging and décor design is considered an asset.
- Portfolio of recent work will be required.
- Strong understanding of typography and layout.
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
- You believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, short-term incentives, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
FCL embraces diversity and inclusion and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows every person to bring their whole self to work.
We take the health and well-being of our team members and customers very seriously. We continue to take steps across all areas of our business and locations to keep our team members and customers safe and healthy.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by August 3, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you require support to apply for this opportunity please contact us at
Please note you may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.