You’ve polished your design and conceptualization skills and now you’re looking to carve out your niche. You like print, you like working in digital, but there’s just something about video creation that really turns your crank. How do you get more creative video art direction experience? Its easy. Join the creative team at TC. We have just the team to get you there. Hands down. Drop us a line or better still send us a video telling us why you are the right person for this job. Be creative.
About this opportunity
The Art Director will work directly with the ACD to execute all Marketing materials, POP creative, Digital Design & Art Direction across multiple accounts. This person must provide a consistent level of continuity by linking creative objectives and subsequent content across multiple programs where creative is required. Manages and maintains creative excellence by continuously delivering creative solutions that are on brand and on target. Will work with the Associate Creative Director to ensure that a proper strategic approach has been taken into consideration. The candidate must have CPG and food experience.
What you will do
- Maintain a level of creative excellence and quality across all projects as outlined via ACD, client and TC expectations
- Develop all necessary creative content under the direction of the ACD
- Follow workload direction from Creative Production Manager
- Art Direct photo and Video shoots as required
- Can sketch out story boards
- Assist the ACD in creating a projects SOW when required
- Create and/or direct the construction of job specific photo/video guidelines
- Work collaboratively within the Creative and Production departments to ensure client requirements and expectations are met or exceeded
- Maintain a creative environment that inspires Company values while encouraging team development through inclusion, open communication, and collaboration
- Assist the ACD where necessary in the mentoring of other creative Art Directors and Designers
- Assist in the finding and vetting of creative contract/freelance support
- Create and present conceptual work to clients with proper rationales that tie directly to client’s strategies and objectives when required
- Respond to client questions with a sense of urgency when required
- Assist with New Business Development opportunities when required
- Attend and participate in client briefings and communicate client feedback to the Creative & Production/CSR teams as necessary when required
- Keep abreast of current market trends and shopper behaviours and how they affect our clients and our business and recommend associated operational changes and new business opportunities
What you have to offer
- Requires a degree in Design Communications/Advertising or related discipline
- AD with at least 5 - 10 years of working industry experience
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, Motion Design software a plus
- Proficient knowledge of multi-channel marketing
- Digital design (UI/UX) and Multi-channel Marketing experience is an asset
- Advertising and content creation experience
- Solid design skills - including POP design for QSR, CPG, etc.
- Proficient sketching skills - able to efficiently translate a concept into a sketch for photo and video (storyboard frames)
- Experienced with a variety of accounts including Food and CPG
- Experienced in working with a writer and/or editor
- Photo and video art direction experience - both working with pick-up content, as well as new creation and on-set art direction
- Good design, photo & video art direction skills
- Has worked on various types of accounts - both retail and CPG
- Can multi-task with ease and has no trouble operating and directing in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to manage a client’s expectations in a positive and proactive manner
- Well spoken, good presentation and communication skills
- Patient, thoughtful and professional, calm and collected under pressure
- Likes a good challenge - approaches them with a positive and constructive attitude
- Looking for an opportunity to grow and expand their creative skill set especially in video art direction
- A team player who strives for excellence within any given set of parameters
- Comfortable taking direction from senior creatives and is willing to learn
- Detailed, organized and results oriented
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career;
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. Competitive compensation package, pension and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs;
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.
TC Transcontinental has more than 9,000 employees, the majority of which are based in Canada, the United States and Latin America. Following the transformational acquisition of Coveris Americas, TC Transcontinental’s consolidated pro forma revenues are estimated at C$3.3 billion for fiscal 2017. With our 3 business segments in Packaging, Print and Media, we continue to optimize, transform and grow while making impressions that count!
This position will be part of our Premedia team. Our Premedia team is the largest division of its kind in Canada. With over 500 talented employees in our group, we are proud to provide our national retail and CPG customers with key services ranging from creative, photo/video, language services, production, packaging and technology solutions. You will join this very passionate and dynamic team, in an exciting environment that is second to none!
How to apply
Please apply for this position here. Remember to include your resume and a link to a digital portfolio of your most recent work.
Learn more about us