we serve as partners to enterprise clients across a variety of industries throughout Canada and the US.
Here at TAM, we consider our people to be our superpower! We love to collaborate on everything from client projects, to how our office should be decorated. We believe that everyone's input is valuable in creating a space where people feel supported and encouraged to do their best work.
Our team is made up of creative and innovative team players who are adept in the art of storytelling, design, and application development. Instructional designers, instructional content writers, strategists, media designers, art directors, and web developers, to name just a few, represent the variety of talented individuals that strengthen our organization.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a confident self-starter with a track record for taking initiative and working towards continuous improvement. You’re passionate about learning design and draw energy and excitement from taking on new projects and challenges. You embrace collaborative workplace cultures where you can work alongside media designers, developers, and instructional designers to produce best-in-class training solutions using a variety of media authoring tools and web technologies.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability for the creative design process and successful delivery of learning solutions to TAM clients
- Inspire and provide guidance to internal project teams consisting of learning strategists, learning experience designers, media designers, web developers and quality assurance associates
- Collaborate with business leaders to determine the direction of design initiatives and demonstrate reliability in the application of design thinking principles to projects
- Identify design and learning trends, as well as internal opportunities for continuous improvement within the design process
- Provide leadership and instruction to project team members with regard to the creative direction and interpretation of client needs and project mandates
- Build and nurture positive relationships with TAM clients
- Establish and maintain visual design standards across the organization
- A minimum of seven years progressive experience in graphic design
- A professional portfolio
- Fluent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and XD)
- Motion graphics animation skills and a passion for visual storytelling
- Experience with the application of Design Thinking methods and tools
- Experience in a leadership role within a design department
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and software
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with a passion for continuous learning
- Ability to work as a team player and demonstrate patience and humour while working with others
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize projects as assigned, using sound judgment & time-management skills
Nice to have:
- A background in eLearning, using authoring tools such as Articulate, Lectora, and Captivate
- Working knowledge of Learning Design techniques and tools
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (health and dental)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation / Paid time off
- Remote work options
- Education reimbursement
- Access to online learning resources through Lynda, Masterclass, and Udemy
- Phone plan reimbursement
- Spacious open-concept, pet friendly office in the East End
- Free snacks!
- Beer o’clock on Fridays
- Casual “dress for your day” culture
- Bike racks
- Ping pong and foosball tables
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to with Art Director in the subject line. We thank you for your submissions. Only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
TuesdayAfternoon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.