The RGD's DesignThinkers 2022 Vancouver Conference take places May 31 & June 1 at the Vancouver Playhouse and we're excited to share what's new for this year's in-person event!
In addition to presentations by global design leaders defying expectations, the conference also offers opportunities to connect and share knowledge at themed roundtable discussions. In the Designer Marketplace, you'll meet a variety of suppliers to our industry. Get a “Passport” stamped as you visit our exhibitors to be entered into draws to win exciting prizes.
Presentations added to Day 1 include:
- Designing for Invisibility presented by Elizabeth Paul, Chief Strategy Officer at The Martin Agency Advertising in Richmond, VA
- Don't be an Asshole: The Power of Being Kind in the Workplace presented by Grace Cho, Associate Creative Director at Rethink in Vancouver, BC
- Murals & Meaning presented by Designer & Artist Gemma O'Brien from Sydney, Australiat
- Defying Tradition, Daring to Dream presented by Designer & Artist Janelle Quibuyen from Seattle, WA
We end Day 1 with drinks, hors d’oeuvres and much-needed in-person conversations with conference speakers and fellow delegates at Yaletown Distillery Bar + Kitchen.
Presentations added on Day 2 include:
- Creating Visual Language from the South Pacific presented by Shabnam Shiwan, Creative Director & Founder of Osborne Shiwan in Auckland, New Zealand
- Abolitionist Design presented by Terresa Moses, Creative Director at Blackbird Revolt in Minneapolis, MN
- Defying The Conventions of Creative Expression presented by Shaun Loftman, Executive Creative Director, CEEMEA, at Landor & Fitch in London, UK
- Defy Time presented by Sagi Haviv, Partner & Designer at Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv in New York, NY.
Day 2 also features a workshop on Designing for Immersive Media by Pushkar Patange, Faculty at Vancouver Film School.
View all DTVAN2022 Speakers and Presentations here
Join our DesignThinkers Scavenger Hunt for an opportunity to team up with other creatives and search for design elements throughout the second day of the event and win exciting prices. More details here.
The day and the conference ends with a reception and award presentation honouring the winners of our 2022 So(cial) Good Awards.
For those not able to attend the conference in person, you can sign up to watch the sessions streamed through Pheedloop!
To learn more about speakers, join RGD President Nicola Hamilton RGD in conversations on Instagram Live every Thursday at 3 pm ET until May 26. The next one takes places April 28 with Tom Froese.
View the list of DesignThinkers 2022 Masters who have attended multiple DesignThinkers Conferences and are back again this year to share and connect with others in the design community.
DesignThinkers Vancouver is followed by our Design Educators Conference taking place in-person on June 2 at Emily Carr University. Register here.
DesignThinkers Toronto takes places on October 27 & 28 at the Meridian Hall. Registration opens in early June.