The Design Lead understands the latest trends in design and has mastered the skills that enable them to work efficiently, manage multiple projects, and can effectively distill briefs to pitch ideas and solutions to peers and stakeholders.
- Evolve Canlan Sports’ new creative strategy and vision, providing solutions to support our brand priorities and business objectives
- Plan and execute the creative assets that align with our North American Marketing and Sales Calendar, supporting our marketing objectives across our five (5) business units
- Identify and manage external partner relationships relating to the creative and execution support
- Manage the design team, and work closely with our content, development, and product teams to grow and maintain design culture and standards
- Utilize and maintain an existing asset library and lead the creation of our Canlan Sports Design System
- Flex your design skill in a variety of formats including, but not limited to, brand identity design, style guides, UX/UI design, motion design, and more Requirements
- 5+ years working in visual design
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Minimum 3-year post-secondary accreditation in Design or a related field
- Proficiency with design and collaboration tools such as Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere and After Effects
- A command of visual and user-centred design principles
- Ability to communicate concepts via sketches and wireframes
- Have a digital portfolio showcasing visual design work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal
- A passion for brand building, sports and wellness
If this position interests you, please visit our website to apply online along with your resume and portfolio. Without a portfolio, your application will not be considered.
Note: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial, and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices
About Canlan Sports
Canlan Sports: It's where we play!
Canlan Sports is one of North America's largest private sector operators of multi-purpose recreational sports and entertainment complexes. Our vision is to create the most innovative & extraordinary sports experiences for our communities.
We both own and operate 17 sports complexes across Canada and the US, with nearly 50 ice surfaces, 20 multi-sport courts, 5 indoor turf fields, and 5 beach volleyball courts. It's a lot to play on!
We focuses on the development of our in-house brands for our sports communities' diverse needs. The standardized curriculum, operations and execution of our experiences and our sport-for-life approach defines us as the leaders in grassroots sports programming, leagues, and tournaments, for any age and every skill level.
Be a Canlan Sports Teammate and let’s change lives for the better.
You can apply online here.