Our Shared Purpose: Build healthier communities. Shape the future of healthcare.
Since the inception of Southlake Foundation in 1980, more than $222 million has been raised in support of Southlake Regional Health Centre. Working with members of our communities, volunteers, our Southlake Family and our dedicated donors, Southlake Foundation will continue to support the most urgent needs of our hospital, including things like life-saving medical equipment, infrastructure upgrades and expansions, patient programs and staff education, all for the goal of providing leading edge care for patients and families, close to home. For more information visit: www.southlakefoundation.ca.
Permanent Full Time/Hybrid
Salary Range: $53,500 - $63,500
We are seeking an independent, experienced creative professional to join our hybrid work environment as the Coordinator, Creative Production and Design. You will support building and maintaining the integrity of the Southlake Foundation/Southlake brand and visual identity across a variety of media. We are seeking someone who is savvy in: graphic design, video production and editing and website best practices. Your work will include, but not be limited to: design and production of print materials, creation of web and digital assets, capturing and editing video content and photography (offsite coverage of events will be required), design and placement of advertising (digital and traditional), design and production of experiential marketing pieces and creation of multi-media assets. Additionally, you will support the creation of an annual website strategy, and execute said strategy through the management and maintenance of the Foundation website (southlakefoundation.ca and all affiliated sites/microsites). You are an excellent at project manager, love to take initiative, collaborate with subject matter experts and cross-functional teams, and have incredible attention to detail.
As part of this high-performing team, you will ultimately build capacity within Southlake Foundation, helping to set the stage for our Master Plan Campaign as we expand to a two-site system over the next decade.
Do you want a career with meaning and impact as we transform lives through philanthropy in York Region and beyond? Join us!
About the Marketing & Communications Team
The Marketing & Communications at Southlake Foundation team drives brand development and omni-channel alignment. This includes developing an integrated strategy based on a broad strategic brand, in alignment with Southlake, to support community engagement and fundraising activities foundation-wide. Through the creation of high quality content, the MarComm Team helps inspire donors and enables them to understand their impact. The team also provides creative and digital services to support fundraising and community giving programs and is responsible for the Foundation’s media/public relations. The Team is responsible for direct marketing and fundraising, with a view to growth. The team works cooperatively and collaboratively with Hospital Corporate Communications to identify synergies and opportunities to amplify our brand, impact and ability to deliver leading edge care close to home, through a “One Southlake” approach to strategic marketing communications.
- A university or college education in graphic design, multimedia design, digital marketing, integrated marketing communications or a combination of education and experience that is deemed equivalent.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of graphic design/production experience with a strong portfolio (please include link as part of application). Non-profit experience an asset
- Expert user of Adobe Creative Suite Products (Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Video production and editing skills (end-to-end) – examples should be included in portfolio.
- Digital photography and editing skills
- Experience working with and managing digital platforms and content management systems (e.g. WordPress) - HTML knowledge is an asset
- Strong understanding of digital performance metrics and analysis
- Proficiency in productivity software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
- Strong attention to detail and project management, organizational and time management skills (ability to work with multiple deadlines)
- Ability to work energetically and creatively in a team environment
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in respectful and considered way that enables growth, innovation and collaborative creativity
- Understanding of fundraising platforms (e.g. Blackbaud Luminate Online, RE NXT, etc.) is an asset
As the successful candidate you must have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
If you have the qualifications, commitment, and passion to join us and raise the bar for healthcare philanthropy in our communities, we would like to hear from you. It is an exciting time to be at Southlake. Southlake Foundation offers a competitive compensation package, including a benefits package that with a defined-benefit pension program. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
We also aim to provide flexibility to enable work/life balance (hybrid environment with 3 days in-office per week). If interested, please apply with cover letter, resume that includes a portfolio of work at southlake.ca/careers.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A recruitment representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit your application online here.