Wendy is the Design Manager at Empire Life and has an extensive background with in-house design management. With over 18 years of experience, she’s led several design rebrands in the technology and financial services sectors.
She is a graduate, advisory board member and mentor for St. Lawrence College Graphic Design Program. Wendy’s formula for successful in-house design is to deliver high quality, award-winning work AND exceptional partnership with internal stakeholders.
Born and raised in Switzerland, Stüssy originally was a banker by day and graffiti artist by night. He soon realized that his passion for the creative needed to be nourished and decided to go back to school to become a graphic designer. He is a graduate of Humber’s Advertising and Design program, a former Senior Design Director at Haughton Brazeau and a founding principal of Forge Media + Design.
- Nicola is an independent art director and graphic designer, who specializes in editorial design. Her work has been internationally recognized by the D&AD, the Society of Publication Designers, and the National Magazine Awards, among others.She has held positions as art director at Studio Wyse, deputy art director at Chatelaine and associate art director at The Grid. An educator as well, Nicola teaches design at both Humber College and George Brown College.
Brent is principal and co-founder of Fusion Design Group. Fusion is a creative studio focused on corporate communications and visual identity for organizations of all sizes. Brent is a firm believer in asking “why” in the pursuit of creating design solutions that will work for his clients. And that “fun” should always be an integral part of the creative process.
- Randal is founding principal of 12thirteen and creative director at Openly, with both roles delivering design services for the non-profit sector. Wordof-mouth promotion has grown his client list from small businesses and independent artists to South Riverdale Community Health Centre and York University.
- Victor is the Creative Director at Green Living Enterprises. He is a graduate of York University and Sheridan College’s Design program and has been a long standing RGD since his student membership more than a decade ago. His work spans environmental, print and digital media with a focus on social responsibility, cause marketing and sustainability. He’s been involved on projects with organizations that scale from local to large including TD Bank, Eva’s Initiatives for Homeless Youth, the Green Living Show, the ROM and Canadian Journalists for Free Expression.
- With over 18 years of experience as a professional graphic designer, Faron had the great pleasure of working with clients in many different sectors, gaining experience in visual identity, print, web and user interface design. In his current position as Lead Instructor, Graphic Design at McKenzie College, he loves the opportunity to pass his experience onto the next generation of designers, mentoring and managing them in a project-based studio environment.
- Greg is a graphic designer and art director at m5. He has lived and worked across Canada from coast to coast, working with a variety of clients operating in large urban markets and rural communities. He has a BA in Illustration from Sheridan and a BA in Graphic Design from Vancouver Island U. He serves on the Certification Committee and is a Mentor.
- Alison is a creative director with over 20 years of global and national design, advertising and digital. Through the course of her award-winning career, Alison’s work has spanned various industries including automotive, retail, consumer-packaged goods, professional services, telecommunications and not-for-profit. She is a Partner at the Toronto-based creative studio, Field Trip & Co.
Big-picture thinking, strategic solutions, happy clients, the discovery of young talent and the privilege of teaching, mentoring, judging and otherwise contributing to the professional design industry are what continue to motivate Wendy after two decades at the helm of Gravity Inc.
- James is a multi-disciplinary design director and design entrepreneur whose work encompasses visual communication design. He has a BFA in Communication Design with honours from Pratt Institute and an MFA in Design from the School of Visual Arts. His work has been recognized by North American publications including Communication Arts, Graphic Design USA and Print. He has gathered many design experiences with in-house, studio and freelance work. James was a senior designer in the graphic design and digital media team at the Museum of Modern Art. He is founder of the design studio Design Platform. In addition, James is a professor at the University of Guelph-Humber, focusing on production design, typography, graphic design and design business.
Norm is Creative Director and founder of Toronto-based Truth and Dare (formerly K9 strategy+design). Norm has 25 years of experience in creating strategies to execute branding and publication design for many of Canada’s small independent to large multi-title publishers and countless entrepreneurial, professional and non-profit clients with their design and communications opportunities.
Elyse is a Senior Graphic Designer and Project Manager at Patch Design. From developing comprehensive branding systems to designing web and print materials, she uses her passion and curiosity to identify optimal solutions for her clients. Elyse is a life-long student with over 12 years experience. She graduated from the Ontario College of Art and Design and earned a diploma in Marketing from McMaster University.
Megan is the founding principal and creative director of Field Design Office and a design educator in Toronto. Partnering with clients in entertainment, arts, hospitality and corporate sectors, she specializes in creative direction and design spanning branding, packaging, film titling, wayfinding and exhibition design–most notably for Stefan Sagmeister and Jessica Walsh on The Happy Show in Toronto.
- Daniela has a B.Des in Communication Design from Emily Carr University, where she was the creative director of Woo publication for two years. She is currently finishing a diploma in Art History from UBC and is the lead graphic designer for the Undergraduate Journal of Art history and Visual culture. For the last three years, Daniela has worked as an in-house designer and freelancer in Vancouver. Her work spans editorial, branding and web design.
- Caitlin is a multi-talented, adaptable designer who goes above and beyond for her clients. Working with the globe's biggest brands catapulted Caitlin’s experience to become a seasoned graphic designer with a deep understanding across a variety of verticals. Specializing in categories such as brand development, social content, print and digital design - Caitlin is an innovative, inspired and resourceful designer with a drive to excel in everything she does.
- Joe is a third-year graphic design student at Vancouver Island University who is deeply passionate about using design to create social impact and positive change. He has an obsessive penchant for grids and typography. Joe has been on the RGD Student Committee for three years now and is serving as the co-chair for his second year.