- Nicola is an independent art director and graphic designer, who specializes in editorial design. Her work has been internationally recognized by the D&AD, the Society of Publication Designers, and the National Magazine Awards, among others. She has held positions as art director at Studio Wyse, deputy art director at Chatelaine and associate art director at The Grid. An educator as well, Nicola teaches design at both Humber College and George Brown College.
- Julian is ON THE CHASE! He creates ‘motion-first’ brands and content for smart clients (Cineplex, University of Toronto, World Wildlife Fund). His motion design and branding projects have been awarded by Graphis, The Webbys, Adobe and many more. Julian is a speaker on motion design, running a solo studio and, sometimes, telling people why their offices f*cking suck. Julian is a York/Sheridan Toronto alumni, a world traveller, and, this one time, he starred alongside his dog in a TV ad for pet food. It was adorable. He chairs the Design Committee and assists with RGD communications.
- Diana RGD is an award-winning lecturer by day and an avid podcaster by night. She teaches within the School of Graphic Communications Management (GCM), as well as the Master of Digital Media (MDM) program at Toronto Metropolitan University and the Bachelor of Brand Design program at George Brown College where she helps people connect their technical left brains, creative right brains, and entrepreneurial hearts for fulfilling careers in creative industries. Diana is also an advocate for living your most confidently creative life, having recently produced a course for Domestika on the topic. Diana has 150+ published articles in Graphic Arts Magazine, as well as through the RGD and she firmly believes that more problems should be solved by "lip syncing for your life". Diana chairs the Education Committee.
- Elyse is a Senior Graphic Designer and Project Manager at Patch Design. From developing comprehensive branding systems to designing web and print materials, she uses her passion and curiosity to identify optimal solutions for her clients. Elyse is a life-long student with over 12 years experience. She graduated from the Ontario College of Art and Design and earned a diploma in Marketing from McMaster University. Elyse chairs the Membership Committee.
- Mel is a multi-hyphenated queer trans creative director, designer, illustrator, web developer and educator who believes in using his creative power for social good. His remote design firm, ARToverMATTER, is a creative studio that gives a damn and specializes in helping changemakers make a positive impact in their communities. He is also a co-founder of Ripple of Change Magazine. Outside of AOM, you might find Mel as a guest speaker sharing stories about his immigrant life journey or advocating for inclusive and accessible design. Mel chairs the Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
- Alexandra (Alex) is a graduate of the Seneca College Digital Media Arts program. After graduation, she joined medical manufacturing company, Thermor Ltd, where she is now Graphics Department Manager. As the COVID-19 pandemic emerged, Alex re-committed herself to use high graphic design standards to support consumer safety through clear communication for the creation of accessible and usable products. Alex is Vice Chair of the Events Committee.
- Kyle is an Associate Creative Director at Creative Currency. He has a background in editorial design and branding, and before joining CC he spent time leading design teams in consulting and developing a multidisciplinary skillset. In the RGD, he is Chair of the Certification Committee.
- Amanda brings over 20 years of creative experience to fast-paced studio environments. Her knowledge in brand development, paired with her understanding of each unique customer journey, has successfully launched new businesses and products across North America. Amanda is Vice Chair of the Certification Committee.
- Evelyn is the founder of Collective Experience, a design collective that specializes in providing user experience design and strategy services to tech companies and start-ups in the health, education, science and financial sectors. She works with growing tech companies as a collaborative partner, helping their web, mobile and software products deliver on their promises by advocating for their users in every aspect of the design. She is Vice Chair of the Membership Committee.
- Faron is a freelance designer and principal at FARON.DESIGN, focused on brand visual identity design, web user interface design and consulting in-house teams on larger design-based projects. With 20+ years of experience in the creative and design space, Faron has worked with clients from a variety of sectors, providing solutions in visual identity, print, web design and more.During his tenure as a post-secondary design educator, he was the lead instructor on multiple courses, including Design Principles, Visual Branding, Colour Theory, Print and Layout, UI Design and The Business of Design - passing his experience and expertise onto the next generation of designers, teaching, mentoring and directing them in a classroom studio environment.Faron serves on the Events Committee.
- Magued is a creative leader with over 20 years of strategic, management and hands-on expertise across media and industries–from fintech and real estate to high tech and automotive. As one of only a handful of UX Master certified professionals in Canada, he has a deep understanding of UX for web and mobile, and a passion for accessibility. Magued is Vice Chair of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
- Noah is a Toronto-based Designer with a decade of experience working with global brands, organizations, small businesses, and agencies. As a Senior Designer at creative studio Office/Bureau, he brings his unique capabilities as a UI/UX designer, print designer and front-end developer to his role. Noah is the founder of Avro Design Company, the home of his own design projects. His work has been featured in the National Post, BlogTO, MentalFloss, Bloomberg’s CityLab, CTV News and CBC Radio One. Noah is Vice Chair of the Education Committee.
- Kathleen is an award-winning graphic designer who brings creative solutions to corporate communications. For over a decade, she has been Creative Strategy Team Lead at Bruce Power where they deliver all things design, including a complete rebrand for the company in 2019. In 2017, they were honoured to be the design partner for RGD’s In-House Design Awards. She often moderates webinars and leads initiatives that support in-house designers. She chairs RGD's Events Committee.
- Danielle works as a graphic designer at Destroythebox Creative. She is passionate about how design can be used to highlight important issues. Specifically in terms of raising awareness for the challenges faced by at risk communities. Danielle's work spans branding, information design, print promotions and website design. She chairs the RGD's Provisional Committee.
- Rupsha is a Multi-Disciplinary Designer and Emerging Design Educator and Researcher. She is currently a Graduate Researcher at the Social and Technological Systems (SaTs) Lab with the York University School of Arts, Media, Performance, and Dance. She is also teaching part-time at Conestoga College. Rupsha is pursuing her Masters of Design at York and her SSHRC-supported thesis focuses on designing multi-modal prompts that incorporate rituals and habits for people with early-stage dementia and/or mild cognitive impairment.
Chloe is a third-year graphic design student at MacEwan Univeristy. She grew up surrounded by artistic family members, thus has a love for art, design, and its place in the world. She decided to explore graphic design because it was an exciting and creative field where she could have opportunities to take on a range of many different projects. Chloe is most passionate about brand design, typography, and product design. When not in front of her computer, she can be found drinking an abundant amount of coffee, walking her dog in the city, or spending time with her friends. Chloe is one of the Co-Chairs of the RGD's Student Committee.
Bella is a multidisciplinary graphic designer based in Vancouver, BC. Currently she is in her 2nd year of the Bachelors in Graphic Design and Marketing program at Wilson School of Design. Along with a background in digital and film photography and a Foundations in Design certificate, Bella has always been inspired by the creative community. With a fine eye for details, Bella is driven to create designs that will both galvanize and inspire people.
Roxanne is a Second Year Student in the Advanced Diploma Graphic Design program at Conestoga College. Roxanne is a multidisciplinary designer who is driven by social change in her community and the impact which design can ensconce within it. With a background in Design Foundations and working as a Teaching Assistant, the transition to Graphic design has allowed for Roxanne to pursue creative solutions in an effective and visually captivating manner. Her interests focus on branding, illustration and editorial. Roxanne is one of the Co-Chairs of the RGD's Student Committee.