In its 17-year history, RGD's annual Student Awards Program has distributed more than $250,000 directly to Students enrolled in Canadian post-secondary graphic design programs in recognition of design excellence. In 2015, we received over 200 entries from 30 post-secondary institutions across Canada. In 2016, we will award $23,000 in cash prizes through Awards sponsored by a variety of industry partners.
How to get involved:
- Sponsor an award to benefit the next generation of design professionals and support design excellence. All sponsors are recognized on the RGD site and in a printed awards booklet distributed to 12,000 and have the opportunity to participate in the judging. Email for more information.
- About 50 judges assist with the judging each year. Email to put your name forward for consideration as a possible Student Awards Judge.
Each year, in partnership with a different educational institution, RGD invites design educators to consider the future of creative education at the annual Design Educators Conference. The event takes place the day after DesignThinkers in Toronto (mid-November).
How to get involved:
- In addition to keynote presenters, educators and industry professionals are invited to submit proposals for presentations of papers, panels or conversations. Submit a topic proposal here.
- Attend the Conference (register via DesignThinkers registration form)
- If your institution is interested in hosting the Conference, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students enrolled in graphic design programs at Cambrian, Canadore, Capilano, Centennial, College of the North Atlantic, Conestoga, George Brown, Georgian, St. Lawrence (2nd + 3rd year students), Sault, and York/Sheridan (3rd + 4th year students) are automatically Student Members of RGD.
Student and Provisional RGD Members in need of financial assistance to attend the DesignThinkers Conference have the opportunity to apply for $500 DT Scholarships provided by generous donations from RGD industry partners.
Education Committee Initiatives