RGD Design Educator Webinar: The facilitation versus delivery debate
The third in a series that aims to help educators connect, share and thrive off each other in the design and education space. This series offers tips, dialogue, critical thought and a sense of community around design education. Each webinar will tackle a different topic in design academia.
Date: Friday, December 11th at 12pm EST
This panel covers:
- Hackathons, charrettes, design jams, they are all popular, executed and exist in the college experience: How do we feel about them? Are they beneficial?
- In the college environment, should we deliver less, challenge more? What balance of facilitation vs delivery should we be aiming for?
- What produces the most talented and effective designers?
- How can we tailor the education space to attend to a variety of learners.
Also, check out other panels in this series:
- June 24: How do we teach true resilience in young designers?
- September 25: Student Edition - What did you not learn in school that you needed?
- November 27: Connecting the industry to education. What can we do better?
- What have we learned from COVID-19 about online learning?: May 22 recording available for RGD Members
Educator Series Pricing
RGD Members: FREE; Non-Members: One webinar - $30; Pkg of 4 - $100
Moderated by Bianca DiPietro RGD
Bianca is a Program Coordinator & Professor at Humber College in the Graphic Design Program. She has over 10 years of experience in design, ranging from traditional branding to experiential and digital design. Currently Bianca is interested in discovering meaningful work and finding ways to uncover personal impact within the design discipline. This extends into creating engaging educational environments for her students and bringing real world experiences into the college ecosystem. She’s participated in some international initiatives that have shed light on happiness within the educational space and wishes to explore this further.
Get Webinar Updates by Email
RGD Members receive weekly email updates on RGD Webinars. If you are not a Member but would like to be notified about upcoming webinars, subscribe here.