Hambly & Woolley (H&W) is in search of a talented digital designer who has a passion for creative and conceptual solutions, a solid understanding of strategy and a passion for creating experiences that connect on a human and emotional level.
You’ll work on a variety of projects in the private and public sector – from retail to institutional – including the creation of digital properties at various scales for platforms such as Wordpress, through to more complex proprietary Content Management Systems. You will be involved in every phase of web projects including stakeholder meetings, information architecture and wireframe development, concept through to final design, asset production for developers, and content population. You’ll work closely with our development partners, other members of the design team, and have the opportunity to learn from terrific mentors. You will also interact directly with clients, and be part of client-facing meetings and presentations.
You’re great at expressing your ideas and you welcome feedback and collaboration as a natural part of the creative process. You have a portfolio that demonstrates creative problem solving and excellent design execution. While resumés and portfolios are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team — a team who works hard and is always striving to do its best. Hambly & Woolley Inc. offers a working environment that promotes teamwork, tolerance, and creativity.
- A Bachelor’s degree, Post-graduate program or College Diploma in design
- Between 1 to 3 years of related experience
- Fluent in English, oral and written
- Proficient in the Mac OS
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, InDesign) and prototyping app such as Invision (or equivalent)
- Ability to produce interactive or animated prototypes to inspire client understanding
- Deep understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Familiarity with AODA standards
- RGD accreditation is an added bonus
- Ability to see big picture opportunities and deliver compelling creative execution
- Excellent conceptual and typographic skills
- Strong background in digital branding, visual identity and publication design
- Great interpersonal skills and a willingness to help other team members
- Ability to express and present ideas to the studio and to clients
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Confident, passionate, and pro-active with a strong desire to learn
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Ability to “own” your projects from beginning to end
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical proficiency in necessary design software
- Immediate, full-time (with a three-month evaluation period)
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits plan
All applications will be held in strict confidence. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.