The Student Committee advises the RGD’s Board of Directors on how to best serve the needs of Student RGD Members, develops programs and services that benefit students, assists to raise awareness of the RGD at students and unites students from across Canada. If you would like more information and/or are interested in joining the Committee, email .
Chloe is a fourth year graphic design student. She grew up surrounded by artistic family members, thus has a love for art, design, and its place in the world. She decided to explore graphic design because it was an exciting and creative field where she could have opportunities to take on a range of many different projects. Chloe is most passionate about branding, typography and motion design. When not in front of her computer, she can be found drinking an abundant amount of coffee, walking her dog in the city or spending time with her friends.
Roxanne is a Second Year Student in the Advanced Diploma Graphic Design program at Conestoga College in Kitchener ON. Roxanne is a multidisciplinary designer who is driven by social change in her community and the impact which design can ensconce within it. With a background in Design Foundations and working as a Teaching Assistant, the transition to Graphic design has allowed for Roxanne to pursue creative solutions in an effective and visually captivating manner. Her interests focus on branding, illustration and editorial.
Bella is a multidisciplinary graphic designer in her third year of the Bachelor's Degree in the Graphic Design and Marketing program. With a background in digital and film photography and a certificate in Foundations in Design, Bella has always been inspired by the creative community. She finds developing a project from the research stages to reality greatly satisfying and fully recognizes the importance and necessity of the creative process. With a fine eye for detail integrated with insatiable curiosity and ambition, Bella is driven to create designs that will both galvanize and inspire people.
- Erick is a versatile and multidisciplinary graphic designer originally from Mexico. He is currently in his third year of study. He has improved his creative style using different media and tools, such as photography, illustration, typography and graphic design in general. He chose to study graphic design so he could be able to mix the business and art industries through his pieces without limiting his creativity. His goal is to keep improving and evolving not just as an artist but as a person, to get to the point where he can be an inspiration to others.
- Deanna is a second year Graphic Design student. Deanna has an innate curiosity to learn, always studying a new skill or researching how said skill, impacts the environment. She is interested in print and paper, block printing and typography. She brings her interest in social good and being eco-friendly into design to tell a story and create meaning. Deanna carries problem-solving and collaboration experience from her years working in a professional environment and the ability to learn from each experience.
- Brysen is a fourth year BFA student majoring in Graphic and Digital Design with a focus on lettering and branding. Growing up in a small community, he saw the impact that tourism had on the growth of the town, eventually leading him to work closely with marketing organizations and businesses on their branding and strategy. This background is foundational in the strategy-focused design that he is interested in pursuing in his career.
- Vanessa is in her third year of the Bachelor's degree in Graphic and Digital Design. She is a multidisciplinary designer with a background in photography and videography. Her interests are in brand and interaction design with an emphasis on strategy and meaning-centred design. She brings a traditional yet modern take to design and believes that design can shape and impact human experiences through awareness, meaning or aesthetics.
- Laleh is a first year Graphic Design student with an academic background in both Psychology and the Film Arts. Her love for film is strong; her aim is to become a marketing designer within the film industry, creating digital and print marketing materials. Laleh is driven to build her portfolio and grow as a professional, often finding herself experimenting with texture, typography and colour.
- Madeline is a graphic designer focused on creating branding, motion work and marketing to help clients and projects stand out. A third year Bachelor of Design Student, Madeline is committed to creating functional design solutions with both beauty and purpose. She is particularly interested in the intersection of social good with design and the ways in which design can be used as a vehicle to foster social change.
Lorena is a second year student of Advertising & Graphic Design. After finishing a Bachelor in Business and a Diploma in Human Resources, Lorena decided to move from Brazil to Canada to pursue a career in design. Passionate about the minimalist style and with a focus on functionality and sustainability, she intends to work in web design, product design and UI / UX.
- Maisha is a third year graphic designer. She first went to Queen's University for Engineering, but quickly realized after two years how much she hated it. Only to later find out graphic design was just like engineering (the problem-solving aspect), because graphic design is problem-solving using visuals/visual communication. Maisha is also interested in wayfinding, information design, as well as design research. She also like drawing, painting and escaping reality through means of cartoons and anime.
- Hailey is a third year Graphic Design student. With a background in architecture, graduating from Loyalist College's Architectural Technologist program, Hailey has always had an interest in design projects of every kind. She enjoys taking on new projects that create new adventures and allow her to meet new people. Her design interests currently involve typography, illustration and motion graphics.
- Camille is a fourth year graphic design student. Coming from an immigrant background, Camille is looking to use her design background to advocate for diversity and social changes. Her design focus is photo collage, video editing and branding. She also used to work for a biotech company that is driven by sustainability and social impact. During her spare time, she participates in KPU Social Enterprise Club where she helps promote fundraising and student events to give back to the community.
Leah is a second-year graphic design student. Growing up her creative spirit was encouraged by her family and, as a result, she has spent her life as an artist and creator. In addition to visual art, she has a background in creative writing which inspired her love of editorial design, the field in which she hopes to build her career. Leah is passionate about sustainability. It is her belief that graphic design has a significant role in shaping our world, and she strives to create work that promotes inclusiveness and representation in addition to sustainable practices.
- Matteo is a Sri Lankan-born Italian Canadian graphic designer now based in Vancouver, CA. He believes that his background and his experience living, studying and working in three different continents has highly influenced his exposure and understanding of design. He is a third year student. Matteo’s current interests include wayfinding, data, information design and editorial.
- Hi! I am Daria. I am currently in my final year as a Brand Design student. I was always interested in art, fashion and design, it always helped me find inner peace and clarity. Brand Design has allowed me to use all my passion and knowledge of those fields and apply it into one practice. I strive to use my creative power to fight for justice for women, LGBTQ+ communities, BIPOC individuals, and political immigrants. When I am not designing I go for walks, draw, practice yoga, cook and listen to podcasts and dj sets on Soundcloud :)
- Growing up in a place where her voice was never heard or respected, Pantea decided to be the change maker and began advocating for all who haven’t yet had the courage to do so. Pantea began her design journey when she was 15 in her art school where she focused on graphic design and communication. Pantea is now a first-year student in the Bachelor of Brand Design. She has a background in fashion and graphic design and has gained entrepreneurial experiences while working with various start-ups. Pantea is very much passionate about what she does and hopes to help brands with problem-solving as a creative director. Also, for some weird reason, she really likes to be perceived as a nice person (don’t you even dare think that she wrote this herself!)
- Ellie is a graphic design student enrolled in her third year of the Bachelor's in Graphic Design and Marketing program at Wilson School of Design. Ellie always has been drawn to creativity, and visual arts as a kid. Finding her passion for graphic design at 17, she loves to articulate her creativity through illustrating and drawing. She is the most passionate about concept development, illustration, branding and packaging design. Ellie is driven to create problem-solving, visually-captivating and inspiring design.
- Teo is a second year graphic design student. Teo was a marketer for 10 years and worked in the Korean movie industry as a marketing team lead. He was invited to the Cannes Film Festival twice as a marketer for Train to Busan (hit zombie movie), OKJA (Netflix movie with Junho-Bong, the director of Parasite). Based on his previous career, Teo is now interested in making synergy between marketing and design to find the best problem-solving with his creativity.
- Kendra is a third year student. She has a Bachelor’s of Fine Arts in film studies from Toronto Metropolitan University, where she began exploring graphic design. Kendra is passionate about the impact design can have on identity, diversity, and accessibility. To that end, she values collaboration and learning as her lifelong goal.
- Sam is in their third year of study working towards a Honours Bachelor’s in Design. They love to experiment with bold concepts and constantly strive to push the boundaries within their professional and personal creative pursuits. Sam’s interests lie in editorial design, branding, marketing and storytelling design. Sam hopes to run their own design studio in the near future, curating creative solutions for clients from a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Khanh is a multidisciplined design student in Vancouver; she just started her second year at Langara College in the Design Formation program. There are three words to describe her: art, culture and community. Design helps her convey everything at once. Her concern is about the cross-culture of the design industry in the global context. That is how she comes up with an interest in visual culture through advertisement and how cross-culture can be objectively applied in the design and creative industry. About her specific creative aspects, she is a photographer, graphic - exhibition designer and illustrator.
- Karen is a multi-faceted graphic design student. With a focus on people and empathy, she is passionated about accessible and inclusive design for web and print. The highlight of her design education so far has been assisting students as a TA in her program and peer tutoring to share any knowledge she has gained. In the future, she wants to use her creative skills for social good and community empowerment, working alongside diversity advocates.
- Danielle is a second year Bachelor of Design student, aiming to specialize in user experience, user interface design and motion graphics. She strengthens her design thinking with developed skills in research, policy analysis and behaviour change communication. She has co-chaired Habitat for Humanity Edmonton’s Community Advisory Committee working towards improving accessibility policies and the organization’s engagement initiatives. Danielle brings over 10 years of experience working in collaborative environments and is most comfortable solving complex problems and learning from and refining solutions post application.
- Arash is a fourth year student in the Honours Bachelor of Interaction Design program. He is also currently serving as the president of the Interaction Design Association, the student association for the program. Arash’s interest in design began when he was first introduced to Microsoft Paint by his parents at a young age. Since then he’s cultivated a diverse set of knowledge and skills pertaining to graphic design, computer graphics, game design, typography, human-computer interaction, accessible design, experiential design and more.
- Mariah is a graphic design student in her final year. She chose graphic design as a career because being creative made her happy and she aspires to continue doing what makes her happy.
- Michel is a second-year student in the Advanced Diploma Graphic Design Program at Algonquin. He enjoys collaborating with his fellow students and supporting those who need help. He has a background in nursing, paramedics, firefighting and special effects makeup. As an entrepreneur, he has long helped filmmakers and clients achieve their vision by designing, sculpting, molding and casting the effects to be used in film. Art and fondness for typography has always been part of his life. So, mid-pandemic he decided to pursue his dream and returned to school once again to study graphic design.
- Sam is a second year design student. They started their artistic journey at a very young age, using mediums such as music, illustration, and hair dye as a means of expression.Looking for a career in game development, Sam attended NAIT polytechnic in Edmonton and obtained a diploma in 3D Animation. Realizing there was still much more they wanted to learn, they decided to pursue a Bachelor of Design. Sam’s design focuses on logos, typography and expressive media. In addition to design, they are also a photographer.
- Autum is in her fourth year in the Bachelor of Design program. She is a people-oriented, multidisciplinary designer committed to being communicative and innovative throughout the design process. As a kid, Autum turned to the visual arts as an outlet to express her creativity; now, she wields her passion to create effective and accessible design solutions for social good.
- Soyinka is a third year design student. He currently serves as a community leader in his program, where he interacts with design students to improve their campus experience. With a background in photography and graphic design, he is now pursuing User Experience Design. Soyinka is active within his various communities and aspires to learn everywhere he goes. His hobbies include trying new foods, socializing and taking pictures.
Luke is a graphic designer currently in his third year at OCADU where he is determined to improve his design skills and build a strong portfolio. His design interests are in typography and corporate branding. Ultimately, Luke would like to start his own full-time design studio. In the meantime, he does freelance work through his company, Spark Creative Consulting. Luke enjoys a challenge and accepts all design projects that come his way.
- Originally from Morocco, Kaoutar is a graphic design student. She developed an interest in design and art in her childhood and is now passionate about learning and developing her creativity. Her background in traditional arts and design foundations has helped her further experiment and explore design concepts. Her aspiration is to create projects that convey meaningful messages and create a positive impact on people’s lives. When not designing she loves to travel and learn about different cultures.
- Pauline is a Philippine-born graphic designer in her final year. Having explored design’s various branches from her background in hand lettering and photography, she’s now identifying as an Illustrator, combining all the design experiences she’s learned so far. She has a massive love for paper and print, which is reflected in her piling collection of travel and bullet journals.
- Michelle is a third year Bachelor of Design student. She worked at the Dahdaleh Institute of Global Health at York as a publication designer for their inaugural Annual Report. Working at the Institute has opened Michelle up to new perspectives of health and design within global contexts. In her personal design practice, she is specializing in web design, UX/UI design and user research. Michelle believes in human-centred design and co-designing with stakeholders to create design solutions that are truly effective and add value to people’s lives. In the future, Michelle wants to work to design trans-disciplinary solutions to impending crises in humanitarianism, environmentalism and sustainability.
- Alexa is a third-year Graphic Design student. She specializes in illustration, branding, packaging and motion graphics with a focus on communicating big ideas with effective design. Her value for accessible and clear design have been prominent since a young age as she would spend her her time looking for multilingual design. Using her creative skills, Alexa wishes to advocate for the BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities to create a more inclusive society.
- Alison is in her third year of of the Advanced Diploma Graphic Design program. Growing up in an artistic family, she has always been fascinated by how art and design can change people’s perspectives. She is a multidisciplinary designer who is inspired by history, vintage or retro design, and typography. Alison has three years of previous education at Sheridan College, where she completed the Art Fundamentals and Visual Creative Arts program. For her love for everything written and in print, Alison aspires to work in editorial design.
- Luis is a Colombian Graphic Design student. Always interested in art, he started discovering his creativity by doodling and trying new forms of art in school, which slowly led him into photography and Graphic Design. He hopes to help brands find their own unique image and voice eventually, but for now he’s dipping his toes into every other branch of design. Currently interested in Advertisement and UI design, you will probably see what he’s working on currently on his Instagram.