"My portfolio review meeting was fantastic. My reviewer was wonderful and gave me lots of great actionable feedback about my portfolio." Lizzy Devine Prov. RGD
"I really enjoyed the portfolio review required as a part of Provisional RGD Membership. It was nice to receive advice and encouragement from someone who has been in the creative industry for a long time." Jamie Lyon Prov. RGD
Stand out in the Crowd
As a Provisional RGD, you display your credibility and commitment to design professionalism and have the opportunity to connect with employers, colleagues and clients.
- Graduation from a post-secondary program*
- 8 or less years of professional experience
- Completion of Provisional RGD portfolio review (virtual or in-person)
* proof of graduation is requested as a scan/copy of transcript or diploma
Annul Fee (Calendar Year)
$150 + HST in January.
The fee is pro-rated as of February ($12.50 per month until the end of the year).
- Complete the Provisional RGD Application Form
- Use of the Provisional RGD designation after your name on promotional materials and profiles, including resumes, self-promotional websites, LinkedIn, etc.
- Use of a Provisional RGD logo to include on self-promotional websites, your resume, etc.
- 100% off fees to go through the process to become a Certified RGD (savings of $150)
- Opportunity to have annual portfolio reviews (virtual or in-person) to help you identify projects and prepare rationales for your Certification Portfolio Presentation
- Opportunity to participate in special preparation sessions for the Certification Online Test
- Opportunity to undertake individual sections of the Online Test in advance of Certification Eligibility
- 40% off Regular Rates to attend DesignThinkers Conferences
- 25% or more off rates to attend other RGD events
- Listing in RGD's searchable Directory
- FREE entry into Scholarship Programs to DesignThinkers Conference
- Discounts to enter other RGD Awards, including new In-House Design Awards
- Access to free webinars on a range of business and design topics
- Access to RGD's Future by Design panels via live webcast
- Access to 200+ recorded webinars and panel discussions
- Access to recordings from DesignThinkers 2009 to DesignThinkers 2017 including presentations by Aaron Draplin; Karin Fong; Jessica Hische; Chip Kidd; Ellen Lupton; Emily Oberman; Stefan Sagmeister; Erik Spiekermann; James Victore & Jessica Walsh
- Receive a copy of The Business of Graphic Design: The RGD Professional Handbook
($10 plus HST for shipping)
- RGD's Annual Field Guide for Members
- RGD's Web Accessibility Guidelines
- Creative Earners National Salary Survey Report