As a Provisional RGD, you display your credibility and commitment to design professionalism and have the opportunity to connect with employers, colleagues and clients.
- Graduation from a 3- or 4-year graphic design program* OR Graduation from a 2-4 year post-secondary program* and full-time employment in the field.
- Less than 8 years combined education and experience.
* proof of graduation must be submitted to RGD (eg. scan/copy of transcript or diploma)
- Complete the Provisional RGD Application Form
- proof of graduation in the form of scan/copy of transcript or diploma
- Pay your membership dues: The fee is $80 + HST for a full year. The fee is pro-rated as of February on a monthly basis.
Transition from Prov. RGD to Certified RGD
- Prov. RGDs are informed when our records indicate that they are eligible to go through RGD's Certification Process.
- You then have 1 year to do so or transition to Affiliate Membership.
- Prov. RGDs who become Certified RGDs continue to pay Prov. rates until they have 10 years combined education and experience.
- Use of the Provisional RGD designation after your name on promotional materials and profiles, including resumes, self-promotional websites, LinkedIn, etc.
- Use of a Provisional RGD logo to include on self-promotional websites, your resume, etc.
- 50% off fees to go through the process to become a Certified RGD
- Discounts to attend DesignThinkers Conferences
- Discounts to attend other RGD events
- Opportunity to participate in RGD's Mentorship Program
- Opportunity to have one-on-one virtual portfolio reviews with industry professionals across Canada
- Access to free webinars on a range of business and design topics
- Access to RGD's Future by Design panels via live webcast
- Access to 200+ recorded webinars and panel discussions
- Access to recordings from DesignThinkers 2009 to DesignThinkers 2016 including presentations by Aaron Draplin; Karin Fong; Jessica Hische; Chip Kidd; George Lois; Ellen Lupton; Emily Oberman & Bonnie Siegler; Stefan Sagmeister; Erik Spiekermann; James Victore & Jessica Walsh
- Listing in RGD's searchable Directory
- FREE entry into Scholarship Programs to DesignThinkers Conference
- Discounts to enter other RGD Awards, including new In-House Design Awards
- Receive a copy of The Business of Graphic Design: The RGD Professional Handbook
($10 plus HST for shipping)
- RGD's Annual Field Guide for Members
- RGD's Web Accessibility Guidelines
- Creative Earners National Salary Survey Report