Feedback from new Provisional RGDs
"My portfolio review was a very positive and constructive experience. My reviewer was extremely knowledgeable and provided some great advice, feedback and insight. It was really good practice to talk about my projects and going through the process helped me realize how I can improve and what I can change when going in for an actual interview."
Farzana Sunderji Prov. RGD
"My portfolio review meeting was fantastic. My reviewer was wonderful and gave me lots of great actionable feedback about my portfolio."
Lizzy Devine Prov. RGD
"I really enjoyed the portfolio review required as a part of Provisional RGD Membership. It was nice to receive advice and encouragement from someone who has been in the creative industry for a long time."
Jamie Lyon Prov. RGD
Stand out in the Crowd
As a Provisional RGD, you display your commitment to design professionalism and have the opportunity to connect with employers, colleagues and clients. Review the benefits here!
- Graduation from a post-secondary program*
- 8 or less years of professional experience
* proof of graduation is requested as a scan/copy of transcript or diploma
$150 + HST in January for 12 Months of Membership
Fee is pro-rated as of February ($12.50 per month until the end of the year)
- After submitting the Application, you will be asked to complete a form to identify preferences a Portfolio Review (required as part of Provisional RGD Membership) and we will contact you to put you in touch with your Portfolio Reviewer. These can take place virtually or in-person, depending on your location and the availability of Reviewers.
- Use of the Provisional RGD designation after your name on promotional materials and profiles, including resumes, self-promotional websites, LinkedIn, etc.
- Use of a Provisional RGD logo to include on self-promotional websites, your resume, etc.
- 100% off fees to go through the process to become a Certified RGD (savings of $150)
- Opportunity to have annual portfolio reviews (virtual or in-person) to help you identify projects and prepare rationales for your Certification Portfolio Presentation
- Opportunity to participate in special preparation sessions for the Certification Online Test
- Opportunity to undertake individual sections of the Online Test in advance of Certification Eligibility
- 40% off Regular Rates to attend DesignThinkers Conferences
- 25% or more off rates to attend other RGD events
- Listing in RGD's searchable Directory
- FREE entry into Scholarship Programs to DesignThinkers Conference
- Discounts to enter other RGD Awards, including new In-House Design Awards
- Access to free webinars on a range of business and design topics
- Access to RGD's Future by Design panels via live webcast
- Access to 200+ recorded webinars and panel discussions
- Access to recordings from DesignThinkers 2009 to DesignThinkers 2017 including presentations by Aaron Draplin; Karin Fong; Jessica Hische; Chip Kidd; Ellen Lupton; Emily Oberman; Stefan Sagmeister; Erik Spiekermann; James Victore & Jessica Walsh
- Receive a copy of The Business of Graphic Design: The RGD Professional Handbook
($10 plus HST for shipping)
- RGD's Annual Field Guide for Members
- RGD's Web Accessibility Guidelines
- Creative Earners National Salary Survey Report