Prepare for Your Future
With over 1,800 Student Members, RGD recognizes that students are the future of our profession. As a Student RGD, you have the opportunity to attend events at special rates, sharpen your portfolio at one-on-one reviews, enter our annual Student Awards program and enjoy a whole host of other benefits of membership.
Annual Fee: $30 + HST ($33.90)
Student Membership runs from September 1st to August 31st of the following year. Student Members may reapply for membership annually so long as they continue to meet the Association’s criteria for Student Membership.
Part-time or full-time enrollment in a post secondary program
- Complete the Student Member Online Form along with payment and proof of enrollment (a photo or scan of a valid Student ID card with expiry date or a screenshot of an online registration system or timetable displaying your name, the institution name and valid dates).
- If you are enrolled in an automatic student membership program at your school, you are automatically a Student Member of RGD. After we receive enrollment lists from your school, you can activate your Membership under "member login" at the top of the page, and click on "forgotten password". Enter your email address (on file with your school) and a password will be emailed to you. Once logged in, go to "profile" and submit your information and a membership card and benefit details will be emailed to you. If your email is not recognized, email .
- Use the professional designation Student RGD after your name on LinkedIn, your resume, etc. to identify yourself as a tuned-in, industry-savvy Member of the professional Association representing graphic designers in Canada.
- Student RGDs also have access to a special Student RGD logo that can be added to websites and promotional materials.
- Opportunity to be mentored by an experienced designer as part of our Mentorship Program
- Receive the lowest pricing to attend the annual DesignThinkers Conference
- Receive Member rates to attend the annual Creative Directions Conference for Emerging Professionals
- Discounts on Studio Tours and other RGD events that take place throughout the year
- Opportunity to participate in on-site and virtual portfolio reviews
- Free entry into the DesignThinkers Scholarship Program
- Access a virtual archive of over 300 videos from past DesignThinkers and Creative Directions sessions, webinars and more
- Access to supplier discounts that include 45% off at Goodlife; 25% off at Blurb; 20% off at Fonts.com and 10% off at Curry's
- Free access to bi-weekly 1-hour professional development webinars