- 7 years total of education (2-4 year post-secondary design diploma or degree) and relevant work experience (3-5 years)
- 10 years of education (post-secondary 2-4 year post-secondary diploma or degree in any disciplineand/or relevant work experience (minimum of 6 years)
If you have 15 or more years of relevant work experience, you are exempt from 3 out of the 5 sections of the Online Test. Only the Rules of Professional Conduct and Accessibility sections must be successfully completed.
1. You may begin completing the Application Form and Submission Forms as either a Practitioner; Manager OR Educator. You will now submit both all forms (including your 6 Rationales) through a platform called Judgify. Our new system allows you to save and edit your work in process. You will receive a confirmation email for every rationale you submit with a link at the bottom to return to edit or add additional rationales. For details on what work to select, click here.
2. Email proof of graduation and transcript(s) to email@example.com. Prov. RGDs and applicants with 10 or more years of experience need not send transcripts.
3. Your complete application will be reviewed and you will be informed of your eligibility.
5. Eligible applicants are required to pay an admin fee (CDN$150 plus applicable taxes; discounts for Prov RGDs and Affiliate RGDs.)
6. Details on procedures for the Test** and Portfolio Presentation will be sent to you.
The entire process can take as little as 3-4 weeks from application to RGD membership but you can take up to 1 year after applying to go through the process.