- Sections are Business, Accessibility, Ethics, Design Principles & Design Research.
- Can be taken at a webcam enabled computer from any location at any time.
- Books and notes may be used during the Test (electronic devices not permitted).
- All questions are multiple-choice.
- You have 80 minutes (15 minutes/12 questions per section (expect Ethics section you have 20 minutes/15 questions).
- RGD lends review texts to eligible candidates in Canada for up to 2 months.
- Candidates with 15 years of a combination of relevant work experience and education are exempt from writing the Business, Principles and Research sections but must pass the Accessibility and Ethics sections.
- All candidates must correctly answer 11 of 15 questions in the mandatory Accessibility and Ethics section to pass.
- Passing marks for non-mandatory sections are based on a statistical analysis of the top quintile of past candidates.
- How many non-mandatory sections you need to pass is based on the results of your Portfolio Presentation.
- If you fail a section that you are required to pass, you must retake it.
Would you like to complete a sample test? Click here for more details.