- Sections are Business, Accessibility, Ethics, Design Principles & Design Research.
- All questions are multiple-choice.
- You have 90 minutes (18 minutes/12 questions per section)
- Entirely Open book: Books and notes may be used during the Test and you will have access to digital PDFs RGD Accessibility Handbook, RGD Code of Ethics & RGD Handbook (electronic devices are not permitted).
- RGD lends review texts (for up to 2 months) to eligible candidates based in Canada.
- Passing mark for each section: 9/12 (Accessibility & Ethics are mandatory to pass)
- Passing marks for non-mandatory sections (Business, Principles & Research) are based on a statistical analysis of the past candidates.
- How many non-mandatory sections you need to pass is based on the results of your Portfolio Presentation.
- If you fail a section that you are required to pass, you must retake it.
- Can be taken at a webcam enabled computer from any location at any time.
- Contact RGD if you are concerned about visual and hearing impairments, physical and mobility limitations, medical and mental health disorders and/or learning disabilities, so that we may work with you to equalize your RGD Certification Experience. Once self-identification of any issues occurs, we will work with you to develop an accommodation plan. Confidentiality is maintained within the parameters of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation.
- Candidates with 15 years of a combination of relevant work experience and/or education are only required to write and pass the Accessibility and Ethics sections
Would you like to complete a sample test? Click here for more details.