- Books and notes may be used during the Test (electronic devices not permitted).
- All questions are multiple-choice.
- Sections are Business, Accessibility, Design Principles, Research & Ethics
- You have 80 minutes (15 minutes/15 questions per section (20 minutes for Rules Section).
- RGD lends review texts to eligible candidates in Canada for up to 2 months.
- Candidates with 15+ years of relevant work experience are exempt from writing the Business, Principles and Research sections but must pass the Accessibility and Ethics sections.
- All candidates must correctly answer 11 of 15 questions in the mandatory Accessibility and Ethics section to pass.
- Passing marks for non-mandatory sections are based on a statistical analysis of the top quintile of past candidates.
- How many non-mandatory sections you need to pass is based on the results of your Portfolio Presentation.
- If you fail a section that you are required to pass, you must retake it.
Would a study-buddy help? Join one of our Study Groups!
Work with fellow candidates to go through the material, get prepped for your presentation and keep motivated! Meetings will take place weekly or bi-weekly, as determined by the members of the group. Participation can take place virtually from any location where you have a computer and a stable Internet connection. If you are interested in joining the next Group, email .